Hello everyone, My name is Chaitra and I am so happy to be writing for one of my favourite blogs today. Thank you so much Amy, for this lovely opportunity!
Every now and then I like to give myself a facial at home. It is just my way of caring and pampering my skin because happy skin makes me a happy little bunny! I have a very simple routine and I do this whenever I get the time, but at least twice a month. Hope you enjoy a little peek into my routine here.
What you need:
A Balm Cleanser / Oil
Flannel / Muslin Cloth
Hot Water/ Steam
1. Apply the balm cleanser/ cleansing oil to your skin and massage for about five minutes. I am currently using the Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm and it is a miracle product. This video by Lisa Eldridge is the ultimate guide to facial massaging. I am a 100% sure you will love the video.
2. Run your flannel under hot water and wipe the cleansing oil off your skin.
3. Bring some water to boil in a teapot, optionally add a few drops of your favourite essential oil in there, cover your head with a towel, put your face close to the teapot and let the steam do its magic on your pores for about 3 to 4 min. I have found that the steam really makes the skin more workable and supple.
4. Exfoliate your skin with an exfoliator of your choice. I personally just use a mix of honey and sugar as a facial scrub and I love the results. Wash off.
5. Apply your favourite face mask and eat some dark chocolate while it works wonders on your skin. My current favourite face mask is the love lettuce fresh face mask from Lush cosmetics.
6. Wash off and apply the serum and moisturiser in your skincare routine.
That’s it. I find this routine helps to relax, refresh and rejuvenate my skin. And also I like taking out time for myself once in a while, it is a good de-stresser and just a feel good thing.
Do you have any relaxing facial routines?